A former journalist, Michael spent 11 years with Slater & Gordon in Perth and Melbourne.
- Michael has acted in hundreds of successful asbestos claims, including trial wins in both Western Australia and Victoria.
- Michael ran and won the most recent Victorian trial for a survivor of childhood abuse, securing a judgement for $725,000.00
- Michael has successfully represented a large number of childhood sex abuse survivors assaulted in State schools, private schools and religious institutions, resulting in record breaking settlements
- Michael wrote a book, Silent Shock, about the global thalidomide tragedy. The book followed his legal work over three years for Australian thalidomide survivors.
- Michael represented a traumatised Werribee school teacher, winning a $1.3 million judgment against the Education Department.
- Michael represented the mother of a woman who died after a home birth. After a lengthy coronial inquiry, the Director of Public Prosecutions has been asked to investigate the conduct of one of the midwives.
- Michael previously worked at The Age, The Australian and for ABC Television.